Schedule, educate, inspect, estimate, remind and monitor all aspects of your automotive shop operation from one, easy-to-use cloud based solution. Developed with shop owners using aftermarket industry best practices, Protractor builds and connects software solutions to facilitate process while maintaining focus on simple efficiency and automation.
Have the time to educate your customer, inspect their vehicle and review the results. Protractor advanced scheduling and prioritization allows you to view appointment details and allocations simultaneously by tech and resource to determine what work is needed and your shop’s real-time availability. You can easily create appointments, drag and drop allocations and find & fill capacity gaps from one screen.
- Day, week and month calendar view for fast bookings
- Resource capacity gaps displayed visually
- Real-time review of currently clocked-in jobs by technician
- Easy drag and drop re-assignment between technicians
- Display of current work order status and flag system
Demonstrate expertize by discussing the customer’s specific vehicle history including previously deferred work as well as manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedules. Protractor prompts the service advisor to review deferred work history and OEM maintenance as part of the New Work Wizard. This is reviewed during the pre-sale process and will increase average repair order values by selling more previously recommended work and manufacturer recommended work
- Within the new work wizard review
- All unperformed, previously recommended services
- OEM maintenance schedules based on mileage
- Reminder service items and group customized for your shop
- Customer Service history
Don’t let a vehicle leave the shop with unreported mechanical issues. It leads to lost sales, reputational damage and potential safety concerns for the customer. Electronically inspect all vehicles, documenting findings directly on the work order. Using thoroughly documented electronic inspections you will have the ability to sell more work while demonstrating professionalism and expertise.
- Easily maintain valuable recommended repair information for future sales including CRM integration and deferred works lists.
- Retain electronic records of inspections performed eliminating paper.
- Upgrade to electronic tablet inspections powered by AutoServe1 to create professional inspection reports with picture and video.
Speed and accuracy are the key to successful estimation. Speed is created with our catalog wizard and accuracy is obtained through customizable parts and labor matrix as well as fully integrated supplier connections with all major parts stores. The result is lightning fast estimates that are consistent with company pricing whether the estimate is completed by the owner or a brand new service advisor. Once approved simply order all parts directly from the work order, eliminating the need to call or go to another website.
- Create $3,000 estimate in 1 minute.
- Immediately remove waste with consistent pricing.
- Review profitability analysis by job.
- Source and order parts from unlimited suppliers all from the work order screen.
To ensure that your customer returns when you want them to, they need to be contacted consistently and at the appropriate times after their visit. Protractor’s 360° CRM system is an automated communication system that contacts your customers after their visit at specific fixed intervals so that you don’t have to. Thank-you’s, Appointment reminders, No show notifications; we will stay in touch with your customer by email or postcard to ensure that your shop remains top of mind.
- Thank-you, deferred work reminder, appointment reminder, no show, inactive emails and postcards.
- Drastically reduce missed appointments through automated appointment reminders.
- Include links to shop reviews and discount coupons.
Shop owners need to be able to analyze their business in real time using key metrics that provide a basis for making meaningful conclusions. Sales and cost data for all parts and services are directed through specific profit center and service categories which can then be reported on to provide relevant and reliable information. Using our customizable Report manager and dashboards you have access to over 100 reports to get the information that you want the way you want it.
- Find waste by analyzing profitability by category, advisor, tech, part, etc.
- Manage salesperson incentive programs
- Track sales and gross profit by tech and advisor
- Use integrated accounting to eliminate double entry
Protractor works to bring leading edge technology to automotive aftermarket repair shops and tire stores.
© 2019 Protractor Software Inc.
Protractor Software Inc.
580 Evans Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M8W 2W1